[Spambayes] Bug after first installation of SpamBayes add-in for OUTLOOK XP

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jul 9 20:31:04 EDT 2003

    Jörg>   File "out1.pyz/manager", line 75, in import_core_spambayes_stuff
    Jörg>   File "out1.pyz/os", line 414, in __setitem__
    Jörg> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character '\uf6' in
    Jörg> position 32: ordinal not in range(128)

This is a known problem.

    Jörg> Now, being a complete novice not with filtering software but with
    Jörg> SPAMBAYES I would like to
    Jörg> 1. report this to the SourceForge people via their website: I
    Jörg>    registered and got a new account yet I cannot find the page
    Jörg>    anymore where I can post my report.

Best route is to simply remember

    http://spambayes.sf.net/

At the top of that page, click the "SF Project Page" link.  On the project
page click the "Bugs" link (just below the "Project: Bayesian ..." title),
then click "Submit New".

    Jörg> 2. know what I can do. I'd really like to try SPAMBAYES!

Help with documentation and the website is always needed.  If you have some
facility with Python on Windows (or would like to get some), you might try
downloading the source distribution, installing it and debugging the above
problem.  Details for installing the Outlook client from source are at

    http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/windows.html

--
Skip Montanaro
Got gigs? http://www.musi-cal.com/