[Spambayes] illegal header tanks SpamBayes

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri Jul 11 17:58:22 EDT 2003

[Skip]
> I dumped the message you attached into a file, prepended a From_ line
> to the front and ran hammiefilter.py over it.  It scored as a 1.00
> spam.  The message does look a bit wacky though.  There's no
> Content-Type header after the separator.

The failure is peculiar for a different reason:  The msg began

and, specifically, the letter 'X' was the first character in the string, but
the exception at the end was

 email.Errors.HeaderParseError: Continuation line seen before first header

Those don't jibe together.  That is, X-MS-Mail-Gibberish was the first
header line, and there's obviously no continuation line before it.  We
*expect* that specific exception only if the first line the email pkg sees
begins with whitespace.

Since nobody else has reported this (at least not that I'm aware of), it
makes me wonder whether Bobby's Python or email pkg installation is hosed.