[Spambayes] Failure for two users

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Sat Jul 12 14:07:33 EDT 2003

After getting pop3proxy.py running on one machine successfully, I put it

on another system. My installation was limited to copying the contents
of the SpamBayes 1.0a4 zip over there and double clicking on
pop3proxy.py.

I had problems with the Review page for a few tries, it would mark
messages as Spam, but nothing showed up to review until I shut the proxy

down and restarted. After the first day, however, it has been stable. I
was bragging on this to my friends on Noise Level Zero (the successor to

the old BIX, if anyone remembers what that was), and another user
grabbed the files and got the same results.

Until this morning. Now the system won't run at all, his results are
below. I note in the traceback a references to Unpickler and dumb.dbm, I

thought both pickles and dumb.dbm were deprecated?

Van

C:\Program Files\spambayes>pop3proxy
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Beta1, version 0.1 (May 2003),
using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Web Interface Alpha2, version 0.02
and engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003).

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\spambayes\pop3proxy.py", line 786, in ?
    run()
  File "C:\Program Files\spambayes\pop3proxy.py", line 761, in run
    state.createWorkers()
  File "C:\Program Files\spambayes\pop3proxy.py", line 603, in
createWorkers
    self.bayes = storage.DBDictClassifier(filename)
  File "C:\Program Files\spambayes\spambayes\storage.py", line 147, in
__init__
    self.load()
  File "C:\Program Files\spambayes\spambayes\storage.py", line 159, in
load
    t = self.db[self.statekey]
  File "C:\Python22\lib\shelve.py", line 71, in __getitem__
    return Unpickler(f).load()
EOFError
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: "'NoneType' object has no attribute

'error'
" in <bound method _Database.__del__ of <dumbdbm._Database instance at
0x008D6AC
0>> ignored

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,