[Spambayes] Re: "I bet you spent your whole life making yourboss" Spam

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Jul 15 14:25:48 EDT 2003

> [Brian Williams]
> > Couldn't help but comment on the irony of this list getting
> > spammed!! Does it use SpamBayes?  :-D
[Tim]
> python.org is somewhere in the process of switching over to
> spambayes, but I believe this specific list remains unrestricted.

I'm only guessing (maybe Greg will speak up soon) but I think the
header:
Indicates that this list is filtered by spambayes - with Greg's
'default' corpus.  OTOH, python-list doesn't seem to have this header,
and I thought that was using spambayes now, too, so I could be wrong.

(The bugs & dev lists have the same header, the check-ins list has one
like:
)

If this is the case, it will be interesting to see how strong a clue the
X-Spam-Status header becomes :)  (if one's tokenising options allow it
to be considered).