[Spambayes] Can I make a testing by traind scores?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Jul 16 11:28:38 EDT 2003

> I am also doing some research about anti-spam.
> Could you help me?
>
> With the SpamBayes,
> can I make a test by feeding a single mbox file and using a
> traind scores?

If you look in the testtools directory, you'll probably find everything
you need.  The 'standard' spambayes testing setup involves each message
in a single file, but there is a script that you can use to split a mbox
file into this form.  (There are also scripts to balance out sets and
the like).

I'm not sure what you mean by "and using a traind scores".  (Although,
again, the docs in the testtools directory and in the readme should
answer any questions).  The testtools will output results of the tests,
if that's what you mean.  If you mean that you want to feed a mbox to an
already built classifier, you should be able to do that as well
(probably without needing to resort to the testing tools).