[Spambayes] 3 problems

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Wed Jul 16 21:57:36 EDT 2003

Robert,

Sorry, I don't have my article written yet, but I do have the bit about
remote access. In the bayescustomize.ini, include the following:

 [html_ui]
 allow_remote_connections=True

I can't help you on the SMTP server issue, I haven't used that at all so
far. I assume you've shut the proxy down and restarted it? Ditto the entire
machine?

Van

Robert Neuschul wrote:

> 1] changing the Web UI to permit remote login/config/training. Cannot
> find anything in the docs, or in any of the obvious scripts to permit
> anything other than a default http://localhost login. Is this possible?
>
> 2] when running either the pop3proxy or the pop3proxy_server script, my
> current version of Spambayes [downloaded last Friday] is now refusing
> SMTP connections. This worked since installation without a problem
> until about 4 hours ago. The only nonstandard item I have in the config
> is the ini file entry
>
> [Storage]
> persistent_use_database:False
>
> Right now, this message is only going out because I've set the smtp
> server settings in the mail client to go direct to my actual server.
>
> 3] Is it possible to configure the text of the X headers anywhere
> obvious? Again, I've had a quick look through the documentation and
> can't see anything obvious, and whilst I've looked at some of the py
> files I'm nervous of messing with them.
>
> Info: running Spambayes on a W2K server, with SP2, using latest
> ActiveState Python. Mail client is Virtual Access and full debug logs
> of POP/SMTP sessions are available if required.
>
> TIA,
>
> Robert

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,