[Spambayes] 1.0a4 Problems

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sat Jul 19 12:17:25 EDT 2003

> I downloaded the 1.0a4 beta and unpacked it into a new
> sub-directory under
> While reading a message in
> the inbox, I noticed the following in the header.

> probability() at
>          D:\PROGRAM
>          FILES\Python22\spambayes-1.0a4\spambayes\classifier.py line
>          307: assert hamcount <= nham

This means that your database is corrupt.  You should retrain from
scratch to fix this.  Note that if you are using dumbdbm (if you are,
you will have hammie.db.dir and hammie.db.dat files) then you should
switch to using a pickle or download and install pybsddb.  See recent
messages for instructions about how to do this.