[Spambayes] 1.0a4 Problems

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Jul 19 14:59:07 EDT 2003

    Tony> scratch to fix this.  Note that if you are using dumbdbm (if you
    Tony> are, you will have hammie.db.dir and hammie.db.dat files) then you
    Tony> should switch to using a pickle or download and install pybsddb.
    Tony> See recent messages for instructions about how to do this.

    Robert> Could you give a pointer to the message containing instructions
    Robert> please, a day/date or subject line for the thread root would
    Robert> suffice for those of us who have recently joined here we can
    Robert> then search the archive more easily.

Here are a couple posts of mine I found on the subject:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes-dev/2003-July/000373.html
    http://mail.python.org/pipermail-21/spambayes/2003-July/006091.html

Not much detail.  I'm not sure there's more.  In general, get pybsddb (from
SourceForge, I think), wipe out your existing training database and start
over.

Skip