[Spambayes] X-Spambayes-Exception

Stephen Ng steveng at pop.jaring.my
Sun Jul 20 11:50:27 EDT 2003

Meyer, Tony wrote:

>>On some mail the following error is encountered and labelled
>>X-Spambayes-Exception -
>>
>>exceptions.AssertionError() in probability() at
>>./spambayes/classifier.py line 307: assert hamcount<= nham
>>

>This means that your database is corrupt.  If you are using dumbdbm (you
>will have hammie.db.dir and hammie.db.dat files), you should change to
>using a pickle/pybsddb.  See the message from Skip (about 4 messages
>ago) about where to find information about doing this.
>
>In either case, you will need to retrain your database.
>
>Note that:
>  1.  We've (just) checked in a change that means that when this occurs
>an error will also be printed (so that you are aware of it, rather than
>just finding another header).
>  2.  If you're not using dumbdbm, and you find that your database is
>regularly becoming corrupted, then we need to figure out why this is, so
>please let us know if this is the case.
>
>=Tony Meyer

There is a hammie.db but I can't find hammie.db.dir or .dat files
anywhere, so I assume I am not using dumbdbm. I've only just started
using Spambayes on RH9 Linux, so I can't provide any history on the
exceptions I have been getting.

Should I just trash the db and start again to train?

Regards,

Stephen Ng