[Spambayes] Question (or possibly a bug report)

Magnus Akselvoll magnus at akselvoll.net
Mon Jul 21 18:16:00 EDT 2003

Hi. I'll try to make this short and technical. (And yes, I have read the
manual and troubleshooting)

System description:
-------------------
Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 1
Office XP Service Pack 2, Exchange Server 2000
SpamBayes Outlook Addin (beta), Binary version 0.4 (July 2003)
Logged in as domain user with local administrative rights

Problems:
---------
1. SpamBayes refuses to save some settings when restarting outlook. The
"Enable Filtering" checkbox is always unchecked, and the "Possible Spam"
filter is reset to "Untouched".

2. An attempt to manually start filter hangs. The progressbar does not start
and the stop filtering button does not react. Outlook.exe process has to be
killed.

Logfiles:
---------
4 last logfiles attached. Seems to be some com/integration error.

<Example>
**************************
out1.pyz/fcntl:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please
use fcntl
Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\magnusa\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\magnusa\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 104 spam and 438 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin (beta), version 0.4 (July 2003) starting (with
engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003))...
On Windows version 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 1)
Saving configuration -> C:\Documents and Settings\magnusa\Application
Data\SpamBayes\Outlook.ini
pythoncom error: Python error invoking COM method.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "out1.pyz/win32com.server.policy", line 275, in _Invoke_
  File "out1.pyz/win32com.server.policy", line 280, in _invoke_
  File "out1.pyz/win32com.server.policy", line 541, in _invokeex_
  File "out1.pyz/addin", line 213, in OnClick
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 700, in ShowManager
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 630, in SaveConfig
  File "out1.pyz/spambayes.OptionsClass", line 380, in update_file
  File "out1.pyz/tempfile", line 408, in NamedTemporaryFile
  File "out1.pyz/tempfile", line 210, in _mkstemp_inner
  File "out1.pyz/tempfile", line 42, in _set_cloexec
exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'fcntl'

</Example>

Any ideas on what to do? Should I register myself in SourceForge to report
this as a bug? Pleas reply to this address as I do not read the list (sorry,
no time for that).

Regards (and thanks for a nice project),
Magnus Akselvoll, Systems Developer (but not python :-))