[Spambayes] Should outlook only process unread items?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Jul 23 00:56:43 EDT 2003

I have an interesting situation.  A client of mine sent me a forwarded spam
email he received, for legitimate reasons that have nothing to do with
SpamBayes.

I tried to save the message to my Inbox so I could check out how this other
(non-spam related) project deals with the mail.  But as soon as my inbox saw
it, SpamBayes promptly moved the message to my "Spam" folder!  Apart from
the fact that the spam is now lost in this folder of crap, any attempt of
mine to recover from the spam folder will cause spambayes to train as ham -
*not* what I want in this case.

It occurs to me that SpamBayes should only automatically filter *unread*
items appearing in the inbox (but training operations would work on any).
Assuming a spammer can't trick Outlook into getting new spam as unread, I
can't see too many issues.  I could also make it an option.

Any thoughts?

Mark.