[Spambayes] spambayes does not process outlook incoming messages at startup

Peter B. Harrison, MD pbharrison at compuserve.com
Thu Jul 24 10:38:34 EDT 2003

When I first start up in the morning, now that I have cable modem, mail
arrives in the inbox without being assigned a spam score by spambayes
(1.004 - Outlook Addin Beta1, binary version 3).  This seems to be a timing
issue since it only occurs when I first start up Outlook, and perhaps is
during initialization of the addin.  It seems that only the first 10 or so
messages have this problem, presumably depending on size etc.

Any clues?

For a workaround, I can stop the initial fetch of mail, but this is not
optimal.

Peter Harrison.