[Spambayes] Install Help

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Jul 25 10:18:06 EDT 2003

> I'm trying to install Pythonwin for the first time and have
> tried three
> different versions.  No matter which one I try I basically
> get the same
> error.  "The version is not installed on this computer.  You
> can find it at
> www.python.org <http://www.python.org/> ."  I'm a bit
> confused.  Can anyone
> assist me?

You must install Python itself - www.python.org.  You should choose either
version 2.2.3 or the beta Python 2.3.

Once you have installed that, you go to
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32 to grab "win32all" - you must
make sure you grab the version for your version of Python - the page is
pretty clear.

Note that you do *not* need to do any of this to run SpamBayes.  The only
time you need to do this for SpamBayes is if you have a problem that
prevents you running one of the binary releases, and you want to run from
the source code.

Mark.