[Spambayes] Registration error on (re)install

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Jul 26 02:03:40 EDT 2003

> Interesting -- I used Outlook's "Detect and Repair" function,
> then tried
> reinstalling. And it worked. (I ran a registry cleaner and some other
> diagnostics as well, but it seemed to be Outlook that fixed
> the problem
> itself.

The problem is generally that one of Outlook's DLLs has become unregistered.
This DLL is shared among many apps - not just Office!

That version of the addin should work even with that DLL unregistered - the
addin now ships with all the "type info" it needs for these interfaces
compiled in.

So if anyone else is reading this and still has a registration error, please
try that test version.

Thanks,

Mark.