[Spambayes] Pop3proxy training suddenly quit working

David Handy david at handysoftware.com
Sat Jul 26 11:47:43 EDT 2003

I was minding my own business happily using spambayes 1.0a2 pop3proxy and
having good results with it, when one day (July 18) message caching and
training quit working. Fortunately it still classifies messages as
ham/spam/unsure, but I can't train through the pop3proxy web UI.

I upgraded to 1.0a4 - same result. I made sure that the spambayes message
ID is added to the headers - I can't find a message by that ID, nor does
anything show up in the *cache folders. My bayescustomize.ini still says
cache_messages=True .

I would have filed a bug on sourceforge but I have no stack trace nor
other evidence to produce, just my word that it suddenly quit working.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!