[Spambayes] I think I've stuffed up!

Ann Byrne abyrne at pcug.org.au
Sun Jul 27 21:42:09 EDT 2003

I've gone right through the troubleshooting guide and tried every
option.

Using Windows XP, Outlook 2000

Originally installed spambayes V2. No problems worked beautifully.

Decided to update to V5. Did an uninstall of V2 - this told me it had
uninstalled but could not uninstall certain files, tried to delete them
manually but it told me they were protected etc etc.

Installed V5 no icons on outlook, checked everything as per
troubleshooter - Spambayes was enabled, but no luck with restarting
outlook.

Went to control panel, deleted V5, reinstalled V2, got the icons back
but when clicking on them would not give me the drop down menu, and mail
that came in was not scanned and put in spam box.

Not a programming guru so any plain English help would be really
appreciated!

Many thanks

Boop