[Spambayes] SpamBayes does not work on Outlook 2002 Windows 2000 Professional laptops?

David Jackson help at maitlandcp.com
Sun Jul 27 12:46:28 EDT 2003

I got Spambayes working on my computer that uses Outlook 2000, but when
I installed it on my laptop which has Outlook 2002, it gets a funny
error.  This error consists of downloading the same messages every time
it "sends/receives".  I now have multiple copies of the same emails,
whether they are SPAM, HAM, or MaybeSpam. I have checked to make sure I
am not leaving copies of message on my POP server. If anyone has any
ideas or suggestions, I would like to hear them before I revert back to
Outlook 2000.

Also if SpamBayes does not work, doe anyone know of a comparable open
source anti-spam software that is just as effective?

Both my machines are using Window 2000 Professional and the version of
SpamBayes is SpamBayes-Outlook-Setup-005.exe.  I have also tried version
003.

Thanks to anyone who can or will help with this.

Below is a snippet from a log.
The same email comes in repeatedly.
essage 'Action Required to Activate Membership for TiVo Community
Forum!' had a Spam classification of 'Unsure'
Message 'Action Required to Activate Membership for TiVo Community
Forum!' had a Spam classification of 'Unsure'
Message 'Action Required to Activate Membership for TiVo Community
Forum!' had a Spam classification of 'Unsure'
Message 'Action Required to Activate Membership for TiVo Community
Forum!' had a Spam classification of 'Unsure'
Message 'Action Required to Activate Membership for TiVo Community
Forum!' had a Spam classification of 'Unsure'

David Jackson