[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Question

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Jul 29 10:16:06 EDT 2003

    >> it would be nice to have a local copy which doesn't rely on the
    >> vagaries of SF CVS.

    Tony> I agree.  Would you be able to modify the website makefile so that
    Tony> a local copy of the Outlook docs are stored on the website?
    Tony> (perhaps in an Outlook directory) I've noticed that you know what
    Tony> you are doing with the makefile ;)

I'll look into it.  The problem with the troubleshooting document is that it
isn't executable code, so it's not installed by "python setup.py install".
I will need to pull it out of SF CVS via anonymous CVS (very flaky these
days) or know where the source tree is.  With Version.py I was able to rely
on the fact that it's installed and just execute it from there.

Ugly hack thought...  Perhaps the Spambayes install process could dump a
little source.txt file into site-packages/spambayes which records the
location of the source tree...  Ideas?

Skip