[Spambayes] expected behaviour in Outlook2k

Clyde L. Parliament clyde.parliament at markettouch.com
Wed Jul 30 19:45:40 EDT 2003

Tried the 0.6 version, and so far, the problem with the messages being marked as unread looks like it is solved.

However, a new problem that didn't exist previously is now showing up.  One of the systems that Spambayes is running on runs OL (OL2002 SP1 on XP Pro SP1) as 'Administrator', and as such, receives a lot of undeliverable email.  Some of he messages that this account receives has an icon (in the message list window for Inbox) that looks like a metered postage mark with a red arrow in the center; these are from 'spam-loops' (my mail servers bounces message to address in 'From:' due to bad 'To:' address; other server responds by bouncing message back because the orginal 'From:' address was bad).

Anyway, in 0.3 and prior (skipped 0.5), this was not a problem as the SpamBayes correctly handled the messages; with 0.6, the message is not moved and a 'No mail items are selected' dialog is displayed after message is selected and hitting 'Delete As Spam'.

wait for 0.7?

84&group_i
d=61702&atid=498103

> Anyway, regardless of the bug, love the plugin.  I actually
> have a reason to want to run OL now (previously avoided like
> the plague for my own account; had no choice for the office).
>  Word is getting around the office about it, and others want
> it installed, too.

Great :)