[Spambayes] HELP!!!

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Jul 31 11:40:19 EDT 2003

> From the setup you describe, your client should install the
> latest version of the outlook add-in binary.

As long as they are using Outlook 2000 on _Windows_, and not macs like
the server is.  The Outlook plugin is windows-specific.  It might be
possible to create a mac version without rewriting from scratch; I'm not
sure - it depends how different the two versions are (could be very!).

If they're using Mac Outlook then they should use pop3proxy.  It's not
as nice as the plugin to use, but they've already got the advantage of
using a nicer computer, why should they have everything? ;)

> Some people have
> used to the source code to build server-side solutions, but
> I don't think any are included in distribution yet.

That's correct.  The Eudora you mentioned - this is Eudora Internet Mail
Server, not the email client, yes?  It would probably be fairly simple
to integrate spambayes into the server; I've heard that the plugin
support is quite good - but AFAIK, no-one has done this yet.