[Spambayes] Non-pickle database with outlook plugin

David Leftley spambayes at djl.freeuk.com
Sun Jun 1 09:57:56 EDT 2003

On Sat, 31 May 2003 14:21:08 -0700, "Piers Haken" <piersh at friskit.com>
wrote:
>I was wondering if some kind soul could tell me how to set up the oulook
>plugin so that it uses bsdbb3 (or similar) instead of pickles for
>storing its database. I'm getting bored of waiting 5 minutes for outlook
>to start/stop and having to retrain every time outlook crashes.

I believe it will use bsddb3 by default if it is installed. So all you
need to do is install bsddb3 (from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=13900) and next
time you start Outlook it will be used.

After you change over you will need to do a full retrain, because
AFAIK dbExpImp.py doesn't fully support the database format used by
the plugin.

David.