[Spambayes] various items

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jun 6 16:55:22 EDT 2003

> I had a question regarding using it with multiple
> profiles/machines.  Does the database change for each
> profile?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "profile".  Is this to do with
using the same copy of Outlook for two users?  In that case I'm not
sure.  If you are logging in separately (using WinNT, Win2k or WinXP),
you'll all have separate databases.

> Also Is there a way to transfer a "trained"
> database to another computer.  For example I use outlook at
> home and work, on two machines.  If there is anything we can
> help try please let me know.

There's nothing stopping you sharing the files between machines.  The
only caveat is to be sure that the db version is the same on both
machines - if you are using the Outlook binary on both, then you have
nothing to worry about.

The file that you need to copy is (probably) stored in c:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\Spambayes (for WinNT, Win2k and
WinXP).  You can just sync between machines with whatever tool you would
normally do sync'ing with.  The particular file you're after is called
'default_bayes_database.db'.