[Spambayes] Quick option to reduce false positives

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Jun 8 19:57:01 EDT 2003

[Meyer, Tony]
> (OTOH, if anyone ever produces stats that shows that training on
> outgoing mail is helpful, then it would be easy to add this to the
> SMTP Proxy).

I'd be very cautious about this, and especially from Outlook.  The headers
Outlook produces for a *sent* msg are minimal; for example, hitting Spam
Clues on the last msg I sent to this list yields this as the entire set of
email headers:

    Subject: RE: [spambayes-dev] Evaluating a training corpus
    To: Meyer, Tony; spambayes-dev at python.org

Teaching the system that, e.g., msgs without Date or Sender headers are ham
could certainly castrate otherwise useful spam clues.  If someone feels they
have to do this, it would probably be better to bcc yourself on sent msgs,
and train on the incoming copy when it arrives.