[Spambayes] discard button on review web page?

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 10 09:13:43 EDT 2003

Hi,

> Recently started using spambayes (terrific and far more accurate than
> other spam filters I have used); but have a question: what precisely
> does the "discard" button on the "review" web page do? Does it
> instruct spambayes to automatically discard message that match its
> accumulated criteria? Or does it simply discard that selected message
> and drop it from analysis? I can't find any specific description of
> its function.

This is the function of the discard button:
- Erase the message from the spambayes directory and DON'T DO anything
with it.

Usually I discard messages from the Spam and Ham list that are scored
correctly and I train
on Unsure and misclassified messages (If this happen)

This is the function of the Defer button:
I don't know what to do with this message for now so keep it I might do
something with it later....

This is the function of the ham button:
Add this message to the database and tell the classifier that this is a
good message.
(I think the message is deleted after.)

Remi