[Spambayes] Works wonderful!

Paul Boege PaulBoege at web.de
Tue Jun 17 15:28:32 EDT 2003

Hi,

its great, I got the outlook plugin to run as soon as I turned to the
CVS version. And it was easy!
Maybe someone is interested in the steps I took for Win2k, Outlook2k:

- get the CVS source: using 'Tortoise CVS' checked out the modules
  'CVSROOT' and 'Spambayes'
- installed python 2.2.3 and win32all-152
- double clicked 'addin.py' in the 'Spambayes/Outlook2000' source
  directory.

Then starting outlook the spambayes addin was in the taskbar. I configured
the folders 'spam' and 'unsure' with the menu 'Anti Spam Manager'. I
already had collected some spam from the previous days, so I could start
training with the 'spam' and 'inbox' folder right away.

And since then it is working wonderful!

And it is interesting: Now I am looking curious at new spam messages
and their 'spam rating percentage' instead of being annoyed and
moving/deleting them manually.

Thanks for your work on this.

Paul