[Spambayes] very impressed....

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Jun 18 15:47:04 EDT 2003

 Tim> OTOH, that's suspiciously good performance <wink>.  An Unsure
 Tim> rate of under 1% isn't unheard of, but has rarely been
 Tim> seen in personal email.

[Skip]
> On June 4th I cvs up'd to get Tim's latest tokenizer
> improvements and retrained on my full corpus.  Here's how
> Spambayes has classified all my mail since then:
>
>     ham             8125        59%
>     spam            5561        40%
>     unsure           163         1%

I don't know whether it was related to Tim's changes or something else,
but the number of unsures that I get has recently plummeted (I don't
keep actual figures, but it would be less than 1% and it would have been
about 2-5% previously).  My cutoffs are 20% and 80%.

I suppose it could be Tim's changes, but the unsures don't really seem
to fit it.  Maybe the spammers are going through a predictable phase?