[Spambayes] Trial use experience

Dick Caro RCaro at CMC.us
Wed Jun 18 11:31:40 EDT 2003

I have been using Spambayes for about four weeks.  In general, I am very
pleased.

It now seems that my Inbox is 100% free of SPAM -- hooray!

I still must carefully scan my JunkMail folder for false positives. I still
find good email classified as SPAM even after I have recovered previous
messages from the same sender.  Only about half of these wind up in my
MaybeSpam folder, while the rest go directly to JunkMail.

I get more than 200 emails per day and I conclude that SpamBayes has saved
me more than an hour per day over the use of Outlook filters that never
achieved a clean inbox and generated more false positives.  I have
complained to ZDnet and PCmag that seem to generate most of the false
positives with their strange email "From" addresses.  SpamBayes needs to
have a real "White List" to pass mail from known sources directly to the
Inbox.

Dick Caro