[Spambayes] Moving the db from a pc to a server

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Jun 20 13:57:52 EDT 2003

> Before worrying about whether the file would just copy over
> from the pc to the server, I figured I'd use the dbExpImp.py
> script.

AFAIK the dbExpImp script has never been updated to work with Outlook
databases, although noises have been made about doing so on several
occasions.  It wouldn't be that difficult a task, I think, but there has
never been a big call for it.

> Here's an example of a failed "open" call:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
[...]

The following works for me (although this is with Spambayes and not
SpamAtBay, it should work the same):

>>> import bsddb3 as bsddb
>>> d=bsddb.hashopen("default_bayes_database.db", "r")

Hope this helps.