[Spambayes] Moving the db from a pc to a server

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Thu Jun 19 22:47:58 EDT 2003

Thanks Tony and Skip. It turns out that SpamAtBay indeed
uses bsddb3, which I didn't have installed on the server.

I was able to find the rpm for the python binding, but
(I guess as expected) the actual berkeley db is not installed
on the server. Here's the error message during the rpm install:

"Can't find a local db3 installation."

Anyway, a quick perusal of the sleepycat site only yields
db4, not db3 downloads.

So, I'm giving up for the night (and logging off, so I won't
see any further suggestions until the morning). If anyone
can point me toward the correct steps for getting bsddb3
correctly intstalled on an RH8 machine, that would be great.

Alternatively, if someone can suggest a straighforward way
for taking a bsddb3 db on a PC and converting it to a dbhash
which hammiefilter.py will like, that would be fine as well.

Thanks again.