[Spambayes] Addin stops working

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 14:30:55 EDT 2003

[Keith, Paul D]
> I ahving a problem with your terric piece of software.  It works for
> a few days then stops filtering.  All of the settings are correct.  I
> checked the log fiile and there is a message that says "
> exceptions.AssertionError:
> pythoncom error: Python error invoking COM method.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "E:\src\pythonex\com\win32com\server\policy.py", line 275, in
>   _Invoke_ File "E:\src\pythonex\com\win32com\server\policy.py", line
>   280, in _invoke_ File
>   "E:\src\pythonex\com\win32com\server\policy.py", line 601, in
>   _invokeex_ File "E:\src\pythonex\com\win32com\server\policy.py",
>   line 541, in _invokeex_ File
>   "E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\addin.py", line 203, in OnItemAdd
>   File "E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\addin.py", line 163, in
>   ProcessMessage File "E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\filter.py", line
>   15, in filter_message File

Anyone know what's responsible for producing these ridiculous compressed
tracebacks?  I promise we're not trying to hide the source code <wink>.

>   "E:\src\spambayes\Outlook2000\manager.py", line 440, in score File
> "e:\src\spambayes\spambayes\classifier.py", line 217, in
> chi2_spamprob File "e:\src\spambayes\spambayes\classifier.py", line
> 465, in _getclues File "e:\src\spambayes\spambayes\classifier.py",
> line 316, in probability

Bingo.

> Any idea what might be causing this?

I'm afraid your database has become corrupt.  We don't yet know why this
happens, although it seems most likely after Outlook gets shut down
incorrectly (e.g., if the machine is turned off before the database is fully
written).  The only known cure at this time is to retrain the database from
scratch (the "rebuild entire database" option in the training dialogue).