[Spambayes] Eliminating many malformed spams

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Jun 23 00:59:42 EDT 2003

[Tony Meyer]
> Spambayes should be stripping everything in comments when it tokenizes
> anyway (so that spammers can't put lots of 'good' words in comments).

Header tokenization is very different from body tokenization in spambayes.
That's one of the ways this differs from many other systems.  The
possibility of HTML tags in headers is utterly ignored in spambayes, since
they don't make any sense there.

However, unlike Steve, I've never seen any message with HTML in the
headers -- and I get about 600 emails per day and dig into every one of them
spambayes can't parse (I have no examples of that at all right now).

OTOH, I'm using Outlook, and I'm only seeing the headers in the
(undocumented) form that Outlook chooses to reveal them.  It could be that
my version of Outlook strips HTML from headers -- then I'd never know they
were there!

if-so-just-another-reason-to-upgrade-to-outlook<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim