[Spambayes] Using SpamByes In A Multi-Computer/Account?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Jun 26 16:36:28 EDT 2003

> >Is there any reason why you don't want to use multiple ports?
> I'm lazy? :)  I'm using 3 machines, dragging mail off 7 POP3
> accounts.
> I would prefer the shared DB, as I seem to get the majority of mail,
> it's more likely to stop dodgy content getting to my daughter's
> account.  After toying with POPFile, the idea of PSpam it just seemed
> easier to migrate my existing setup.  I may give it a whirl, and see
> what problems I come up against.

Please let the list know if you do come up against any problems
(especially if you come up with problems and then solve them!).  As I
said, I'm not sure if anyone is using pspam, so I'm not sure how well it
works, but it should be easy enough to update.

To me, it seems more work to change usernames to user at server[:port] than
to just change the port, but I guess if you have already done this for
POPFile, it makes sense (given the laziness <wink>).