[Spambayes] Outlook Add-in: Moved mail is unfiltered

Mark Welsh markw_x at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 03:17:48 EDT 2003

I have several email accounts, and I have Outlook set up with rules that
move the mail from each account into a specific folder.  Unfortunately,
anything that gets moved based on one of these rules ends up being
unfiltered by the add-in.

They still get classified as spam -- the rating for the last piece I got
was 100%, but they don't get moved to the spam folder as they should.

This is an excerpt from the log:
Message 'Get Your NEW Car ASAP' had a Spam classification of 'Yes'
Training on message 'Get Your NEW Car ASAP' -  trained as good
Training on message 'Get Your NEW Car ASAP' -  trained as spam

The training it as spam part is because I deleted it as spam manually.

I wanted to check here first before I reported it as a bug in case I
need to configure it differently.

I have Outlook 2002 SP-2.  I'm using the latest binary of the add-in
(SpamBayes-Outlook-Setup-002.exe).  I also tried using the source
distribution, but I couldn't get it to register with Outlook.  Addin.py
would run and tell me that it was registered, but when I opened Outlook,
there was no toolbar and no evidence in any of the options dialogs that
the add-in had been registered.

Thanks for your help,

Mark