[Spambayes] How are good messages treated?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jun 26 09:47:42 EDT 2003

    >> To phrase it another way, are the only ham words added to the
    >> database the ones from messages that I manually indicate as ham?

    Tony> Yes.

Are you sure?  In SpamAtBay at least, my inbox has no "save as ham" button.
Similarly, my spam box has no "save as spam" button.  On my unsure box has
both.  I believe it trains automatically on messages classified as ham or
spam, then if you change the classification, it untrains as one then
retrains as the other.

Skip