[Spambayes] Configuring Outlook

Christian Jacobsen christian at Crunchy-Frog.com
Fri Jun 27 14:53:19 EDT 2003

Greetings!
I just installed SpamBayes and am very impressed with it.  However there is
one clarification I would like to see in the documentation, and one
functional improvement I would like to see.

==== Documentation ====

Apparently (please correct me if I am wrong) there is no way in Outlook to
globally modify every table-view.  That means that every folder you have in
your Outlook will need to have the "Spam" column added manually.

For someone like me, that is going to take quite a long time.  I have been
using email for quite a few years!  :-)

It would be good if the manual noted that the "Spam" column will need to be
added to *every* folder that you want it to appear in, and that there is no
global "view change" possible like there is with Desktop folders.

==== Functionality ====

When I ran the Filter for the first time, it told me it found 37 definite
spam, and 5 unsure.  But it did not tell me where I could find those files.
It would be nice if it output a textfile report, or some such thing, that
told me where I could find these 5 unsure ones.

So, that is all the ideas I have.  If there is anything I can do to help you
with this product, I would be glad to be of service.  (Programming is too
far in the past for me to be of any help on that, but writing, testing, etc,
I am still good at!  :-)

Thanks for the great product!
- Christian Jacobsen
Budapest, Hungary