[Spambayes] Re: SpamBayes

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri Jun 27 23:13:18 EDT 2003

[Mortgage Makers]
> Your link to Spam Bully says "it claims to use bayesian
> techniques". Is your opinion/testing that it might not or doesn't?

We don't have an opinion or testing on the matter.  Since it's a
closed-source offering, we can't verify how it works one way or t'other, and
are just repeating its web site's claim in order to justify our claim that
it's "working in a similar area".

> I want to avoid wasting my $$ if I can.

spambayes (our project) is free and open source.  A commercial product that
we know incorporates much of the spambayes code can be found here:

    http://www.inboxer.com

We should really link to that from the spambayes site too (the InBoxer site
is very new).