[Spambayes] Outlook plugin doesn't want to filter while on dialup

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 12:40:10 EST 2003

[klassa at nc.rr.com]
> I'm visiting my folks, and am stuck with dialup.  Oddly, the Outlook
> plugin doesn't seem to want to filter.  Before I left, while on broadband,
> life was good.  Here, every piece of spam gets through untouched.
>
> Did the Outlook plugin notice the crappy connection speed :-) and punt?

It shouldn't matter, and I routinely run Outlook + spambayes via cable modem
and via dialup on the same machine without trouble.  IOW, I bet that when
you get back to a broadband connection, it still won't work, that somehow
it's turned itself off, or can't get started.  Open PythonWin and then

    Tools -> Trace Collector Debugging Tool

before starting Outlook and see if any interesting msgs appear in
PythonWin's Python Trace Collector window.  No msgs at all count as
"interesting" too <wink>.