[Spambayes] Missing HTML payload

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Mar 4 13:02:16 EST 2003

Thanks for the replies!

> > Outlook actually shows this entire tag (ie, literally "<!--#rotato>",
> > then displays the rest of the HTML correctly - ie, I guess that we treat
> > the comment as unclosed, while Outlook ignores it.
>
> Sounds right.

Interestingly, Outlook shows the text, but IE and Mozilla do not.  All 3
show the text *after* the unmatched comment, but only Outlook shows the
comment itself.  I don't want to think about the implications of that
<wink>.

I made an alternative patch in that bug I pointed to, which completely
strips the invalid comment.  From purely an Outlook POV, your patch is
probably better (as your patch better reflects what we see), but from the
"correctness" POV, maybe mine is (as it better reflects what most HTML
clients see)

It does seem that no option is required whatever way we go.

I-dont-care-either ly,

Mark