[Spambayes] Server error when training in POP3proxy

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Tue Mar 4 13:23:00 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 10:36, Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     >> After using it successfully for a couple of weeks, POP3proxy is
>     >> throwing the following error when I try to review emails for training
>     >> in the web browser interface....
>
>     Jeremy> I think the right solution is not just to fix the email package,
>     Jeremy> but to make pop3proxy more robust....
>
> I checked in a change to tokenizer.py yesterday evening which should
> robustify things a bit.  Please "cvs up" and give it a whirl.

I'm looking at the checkin comment for tokenizer, and I think it won't
work.  If you look at the traceback we provided, it shows that the
tokenizer isn't involved.  The proxy is calling
email.Header.decode_header() directly.  On the failure in question, it
isn't even calling it on a header :-).

Jeremy