[Spambayes] Outlook plugin error

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Mar 5 21:19:44 EST 2003

> From: Piers Haken [mailto:piersh at friskit.com]
> > I'm seeing some weird behavior sometimes when the outlook plugin filters
> > spam. Sometimes the spam that ends up in my spam folder has a spam field
> > value of '0%' even though the 'show clues' feature shows the correct
> > value.
>
> [...]
>
> > I'm not sure what's going on here, has anyone else seen this before?
>
> Yes, I see it fairly often, and it has been reported before (to the list,
> but possibly not on SF). IIRC, Mark thought it was a timing issue between
> when the message arrived and when the plugin fired. But that's about as
> much as I know...

I never see this.  The timing issue I was thinking of would account for a
*blank* spam score, but not a zero score.  A zero implies that the scoring
worked correctly, but did indeed return zero.

If you disable filtering, you should see all new mail arrive with a blank
score, rather than zero.  Please tell me if this is not true.  If it *is*
true, then I guess we can add some additional trace statements to see what
is going on.

Mark.