[Spambayes] statistical comparison of enviroment?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Mar 6 00:42:15 EST 2003

    Alex> I suspect more options could be put in to disable various other
    Alex> aspects of the tokenizer.  I'm not sure how much the folks who are
    Alex> just trying to use the system will like all the extra options,
    Alex> though...

I was thinking along the lines of one extra option which could collectively
disable all but the most basic features.  It would default to False so
normal users would have to explicitly enable it (and might even get a
warning displayed if it was enabled).

    >> (The more independent two improvements are, the harder it seems it
    >> would be for a spammer to hit two birds with one stone when trying to
    >> defeat spambayes.)

    Alex> Aye.  The problem, of course, is that we could start making
    Alex> spambayes so tricked-out that it'd be as slow as SpamAssassin. ;-)

Not necessarily.  If A and B prove to not be independent, we dump one and
keep the other.  In some situations, spambayes may actually perform fewer
tricks, thus speeding it up.

Skip