[Spambayes] statistical comparison of enviroment?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Mar 7 11:02:36 EST 2003

> Alex> Aye.  The problem, of course, is that we could start making
> Alex> spambayes so tricked-out that it'd be as slow as SpamAssassin. ;-)
>
> Not necessarily.  If A and B prove to not be independent, we
> dump one and
> keep the other.  In some situations, spambayes may actually
> perform fewer tricks, thus speeding it up.

I must say that this is one of the things that I think spambayes has really got right.  TimP's insistance on only including the best option (via deathmatches :), and on not including anything unless testing proved that it helped, has, IMO, kept spambayes nice and neat.

(Which is not to say that more options shouldn't be examined - at least if they're in the archives, then if they are ever needed, the work is already done).