[Spambayes] Outlook Express integration

Chris Lowe spambayes_discussion at cklowe.com
Sat Mar 8 02:43:11 EST 2003

Hello

I'm a newbie in all sorts of ways, so please forgive me for being crass

I've managet to get Spambayes working with Outlook Express, but it isn't
pretty.  Details are here:

http://www.apt202.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SpamBayesOutlookExpress

Basically I've changed the hammie_header_name to 'To', so OE can filter on
it.  A few minor mods to pop3proxy.py were required because there's usually
another 'To' header present.

I personally think the HTML interface is OK for training, but I can see the
obvious attraction of an intgrated solution as offered by the Outlook
plug-in.

The technique also seems to work OK with Netscape, but then again netscape
can cope OK with 'X-Spambayes-Classification' as a custom header.

Would you be so kind as to offer some suggestions on how I could improve
this?

Cheers,

Chris Lowe