[Spambayes] full o' spaces

Sat Mar 8 22:47:05 EST 2003

3/8/2003 9:15:10 PM, Tim Peters <tim.one at comcast.net> wrote:

>There haven't been enough test reports on that one to decide.  It's True by
>default in the Outlook client, but still appears to be False by default
>everywhere else.  There are bad visible effects either way (if it's off and
>you get a large ratio imbalance, it's too easy for a msg to score
>incorrectly as belonging to the more popular category; if it's on and you
>get a large ratio imbalance, training on another example from the more
>popular category has little effect, exacerbating (for example) the "but I
>trained on it and it's *still* called ham!" irritation).

Rats.  I thought it was True by default.  All this time I've been using it
thinking it was on... ok, so if I turn it on now, what would I expect?  I have
a huge ham/spam imbalance in my notes sb database, and have been a bit
disappointed by the classifier...

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org