[Spambayes] full o' spaces

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sun Mar 9 01:54:10 EST 2003

[Neil Schemenauer, asking about experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment]
> How do I test it?

One run with True, and another with False.  If you have the same # of ham
and spam in your training data, it shouldn't make any difference.  If you
have an imbalance, it will, and then the question is which setting gives
better results.  I'm not keen on people who don't already have an imbalance
artificially creating one, though -- for example, I think mistake-based
manual training is likely to create imbalance, and that's likely to have
different characteristics than imbalance forced via picking random subsets.