[Spambayes] full o' spaces

Sun Mar 9 07:37:32 EST 2003

3/9/2003 1:13:56 AM, "Tim Peters" <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

>I'm short on telepathy tonight.  Perhaps the *way* in which you're
>disappointed is related to the comments above?  For example, if you have
>much more ham than spam and have a too-high FN rate, or you have much more
>spam than ham and have a too-high FP rate, then the comments are directly
>applicable.

Can I plead nocturnal insanity?  Maybe it was all the housecleaning fluid
fumes...

Ok, I train on virtually every piece of mail that comes into my notes inbox.
the ratio is about 10:1 spam:ham.  I currently have about 600 spam trained
into the database.  I still get maybe 10%-15% unsure, invariably on spam.  I
virtually never have a FP.  Maybe I just need to adjust the spam cutoff...
Mainly thinking out loud, and bemoaning the fact that I've annoyed my
namesake.

c'est moi - TimS
http://www.fourstonesExpressions.com
http://wecanstopspam.org