[Spambayes] Perhaps a level header would be useful?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Mar 10 10:27:51 EST 2003

I've got a few people here at Northwestern set up with Spambayes now.
Classification is being done by me on the server, not by the users on their
desktops.  I just just chatting with a couple of the admins here who
commented that SpamAssassin's X-Spam-Level header is nice because you can
tell users to just add or delete a star from their Eudora filter to
fine-tune the break between spam and ham.

That might be a bit weird with Spambayes since it's a three-state system,
but I think it might be useful to add an X-Spambayes-Level header where the
number of stars is equal to int(score*10).  I control the ham and spam
cutoffs, and thus the inclusion of the words "ham", "unsure" and "spam", but
this would make it easy for people to filter on a score basis in their mail
client.  Sort of a fine-tuning knob.

or-a-fake-thermostat-ly, y'rs,

Skip