[Spambayes] single message test question

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Mon Mar 10 11:53:31 EST 2003

In message:  <3E6CE36E.5040903 at parducci.net>
             bill parducci <bill at parducci.net> writes:
>would someone be so kind as to instruct me in what the most
>straightforward way to test my current filter against a single
>message would be? i have a note that scored very high in spamminess
>and i would like to know why. (i have the note isolated into a
>single mbox file at the moment.)

My approach would be to create a config file with hammie_debug_header
set to true, then set the BAYESCUSTOMIZE environment variable to
that config file, then run the message through hammiefilter.  Actually,
I have hammie_debug_header turned on in my default config file, so all
I have to do is look at all the headers for the message (I normally
don't display the debug header as I'm reading mail).

- Alex