[Spambayes] [ spambayes-Bugs-701413 ] dbExpImp.py fails (python 2.2, win XP)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 11 05:52:01 EST 2003

Bugs item #701413, was opened at 2003-03-11 02:48
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=701413&group_id=61702

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
dbExpImp.py fails to run, and exists with the following
error:

C:\Programfiler\_UTIL\spambayes_cvs\spambayes>C:\P
ROGRA~1\_DEV\Python22\python.exe dbExpImp.py
  File "dbExpImp.py", line 98
    from __future__ import generators
SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the
beginning of the file

I tried to move the import-statements on top, as
indicated by the error-msg, and this seemed to work.
I.E.
MOVE:
####################################
from __future__ import generators

import spambayes.storage
from spambayes.Options import options
import sys, os, getopt, errno, re
import urllib
####################################
OVER:
####################################
try:
    True, False
except NameError:
    # Maintain compatibility with Python 2.2
    True, False = 1, 0

I've never written anything in Python, so I have no clue
as to what this really means.

os: win XP HOME (norwegian)
python 2.2
bsddb3: 4.1.4