[Spambayes] Perhaps a level header would be useful?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Mar 12 10:11:56 EST 2003

> How about putting these in a seperate namespace? I have been writing
> a GUI for spambayes using PyObjC and it could benefit from more
> regular option names here.

Does Skip's proposal sound ok?

> header_spam_probability: {True|False}
> header_level: {True|False}
> header_evidence: {True|False}
> header_mailid: {True|False}
> pop3proxy_mailid_notate_body: {True|False}
> pop3proxy_classification_notate_to: {True|False}

Personally, I prefer the current method of mailid.  Originally it was like this (for perhaps 24 hours), but there are already way too many options.  So I dropped the T/F add_to_body option and changed the add to a string.  Shouldn't matter to developers, and end-users should have a nice GUI hiding it all anyway.

> There may be some bugs lurking, I'm now getting

I will check this ASAP.

> Also,
> this bit of code around line 163 in pop3proxy.py doesn't account for
> the extra possible headers.

Drat.  Good spotting.  Will fix this too.

> BTW, I'm pretty excited about the mailid stuff you have done. Being
> able to correct a single message without seeing all of my mail again
> will be great.

We aim to please ;)